February New Moon and Eclipse!
At 4:05 p.m. EST today, the New Moon is at its still point in Aquarius after the partial solar eclipse reaches its maximum at 3:51 p.m. Aquarius is an air sign so it's full of mental activity. This sign is all about originality, ideals, intellectual pursuits and creative exploration. It's independent, inventive and radical. With the Sun, Moon, Mercury here, the energy generates visionary expressions of the personality, heart and mind. With the south node also here, it carries it's lower energies of detachment, contrarian views and the aversion to following others. Lean into the aims of Aquarius which are to overcome the need for approval, to seek out unusual experiences or people and to attain true individuality.
The energy of the new moon/solar eclipse is a powerful time to create, manifest and bring energies into your world. There's ritual with the eclipses you can experience if you desire. Set some time for yourself to celebrate by lighting a few candles, burning incense or pulling a few energy cards. Write intentions to craft a better life for you and your loved ones. Think big, be creative and have fun.
Writing intentions gives power to them during an eclipse that lasts longer than during a typical new moon.
New Moon Recommendations:
- Take advantage of this energy to set your intentions for the next 6 months
- Volunteer for a cause you’ve always wanted to support
- Brainstorm at the office or strategize at home
- Make a commitment in business or relationship
- Try something new
- Host a social gathering, like an old-fashioned salon
- Communicate, negotiate and make deals in business and relationship
- Enroll in a class, workshop or program
- Gather together with friends to take a cooking class or go ice skating
- Take your relationship to the next level
- Finish making plans for the new year
- Meet new people, perhaps a new love interest
Also happening today, Mercury fuels Uranus and Venus arouses Saturn. Mercury concerns itself with ideas, communication, transportation, perceptions and instincts. Uranus is the shock-and-awe planet – expect new insights, flashes of brilliance and inventive concepts.
Venus yearns for relationship and companionship putting pressure on Saturn’s need for solace. Commitment and long-term interests are appealing as Saturn loves loyalty, tradition and long lasting affairs.
Enjoy the space given by Aquarius, but also the love interest fostered by Venus. Gain excitement with the Uranus flash and lay down roots with the Saturnian influences.
Happy New Moon!