Ask the Expert
Frequently Asked Questions About Intuition
To tap into your intuition, here are a few easy tips:
- Meditate regularly – see types of meditation in this section.
- Do yoga. The quiet time at the end of the workout allows for connection between the mind, body and spirit.
- Be creative. Lose yourself in a painting, craft or project. Your mind will be ‘occupied’ by the activity and allowed to wander openly.
- Trust your feelings and hunches. Saying ‘yes’ to your intuition will strengthen your intuitive ability.
- Be fully present in the moment. (This is mindfulness.)
Mindfulness is more than just a type of meditation; it is a way of life.
- Visualization or Focus
- Mantra, Chanting or Transcendental
The best method is to send those pesky thoughts away from you. Here is a snippet of a guided meditation to help you do just that:
As this light fills your body and radiates around you, imagine a ring forming on the top of your head. This ring is a deep golden and beautiful light. This light forms a cone above your head and eases an opening at the top of your head. The gentle golden healing light starts filling the crown at the top of your head. You are fully relaxed and comfortable in receiving this beautiful, healing golden light. You continue to allow yourself to receive more and more of this light.
Now, very gently create a thought in your mind, let this thought in and picture it in front of you. Picture the golden light filling your crown surrounding this thought and forming a beautiful protective bubble around this wonderful thought. You now picture the beautiful bubble floating away into the abyss. Now imagine this golden light filling the rest of your mind and surrounding any other thoughts that enter into your mind. Each of these thoughts is surrounded by this gentle golden light and provides protection for your thoughts. Now picture yourself blowing all of these bubbled thoughts away from you. You feel peaceful and quiet as you envision your bubbled thoughts taking a vacation into outer space. Now, take a deep breath and return to your meditation.
The first step is to choose the right ones for you.
There are many other types of energy cards. Different cards speak to different people. There are: Angel, Archangel, Goddess, Angel Tarot, Archangel Michael, Ascended Masters, Fairies, Unicorns, Butterflies, as well Life Purpose, Romance, Past Lives, and Flower Therapy, Power Animal, Spirit Animal, Earth Magic, Crystal, Nature, Chakra, Stones, Shaman, Intuitive Coaching, Sacred Geometry among many others.
You can check these out on Amazon.com. Look at each type of set and see if any appeal to you. Order a set that sparks your interest.
Once you receive the cards, spend time with them. Look them over and read sections from the accompanying book.
Then, ask some questions. Connect and select a card as you ask each question. Read the corresponding description in the book.
Practice asking questions to get a sense of the cards.
Keep practicing and have fun.
There are different ways to sense information:
- Clairvoyance – seeing beyond physical sight
- Clairaudience – hearing beyond physical sound
- Clairsentience – feeling beyond physical touch
- Clairalience – smelling beyond physical smell
- Clairgustance – tasting beyond physical taste
- Claircognizance – knowing beyond any physical means
Psychics are able to sense and interpret this extrasensory information into language we can understand.
My psychic ability is claircognizance. I just know.